Saturday, April 9, 2016

Day 9 - Drink 8 glasses of water

Read the thinking behind this challenge here:
Day 9

Drinking water is absolutely essential to support life. Nothing can survive without water. This we know. However, did you know that the amount of water you consume is dependent upon your weight? This was something I learnt when I was doing a weight loss challenge with Miriam Bohm. She had a very fancy scale that could measure your BMI, muscle density and tell you how much water you should be drinking. I can't remember her formula, but I did find this on the internet, and it seems about right.


According to this chart I need to drink 11 glasses of water a day. 

Well, I have to admit that I don't get anywhere near there on a normal day. But doing this challenge has made me more aware of the fact that I'm not drinking as much water as I should, so I am definitely going to start building up again.

The next part of this challenge is to know WHEN to drink water - certain times of the day benefit you the most. 


I like this info graphic, because this is what I have been taught all my life.

Bottom line - I realise that I haven't been drinking enough water lately - which I kinda knew at the back of my mind - and I have to get back on track.






No comments:

Post a Comment