Monday, April 18, 2016

Day 15 - Tell someone how much they mean to you

Read how to make your eyes leak here:
Day 15

Oh boy. I think this was harder than the 10000 step challenge for me. I have never been a demonstrative person - stiff upper lip and all that. The cool collected Brit. The slightly-removed-from-reality Aquarian. So let's look at this:

Your Typical Aquarian is:
Friendly and humanitarian (check)

Honest and loyal (check - fiercely so)
Original and inventive (check)
Independent and intellectual (check)
On the dark side....

Intractable and contrary (check)
Perverse and unpredictable (check)
Unemotional and detached (double check)


This is me to a T. And you expect me to gush to someone how much they mean to me? Eish...


My next problem after accepting that yes, this would be a challenge, was to decide who to gush to. There are so many people in my life who mean so much to me, and how to choose just one? I prefer to show people how much I care by doing things for them. But I do appreciate it when people tell me how much I mean to them, so maybe it's time to do it for someone else.


I think that this one might be a little bit harsh, but then I certainly have unusual bodily illusions (check my blog for Day 7). 

So basically I went through my list of the people who mean a lot in my life, and without whose love and support I would not be living and working so happily in Egypt. As with wedding speeches, I'll probably leave someone out and offend someone, but hey, that goes with the territory, my psyche has hobnail boots on.

In no particular order, but in the order that they came to me are:


My daughter, Sandy.
Sandy is unfailingly supportive of me in anything I do. She is my foot in South Africa - impersonating me if necessary to sort things out on my behalf. Every month she collects rather a lot of money from the Western Union offices at Cresta, and then has to go to FNB on the lower level to deposit the funds into my account. It is a scary experience for her, but she has never once complained about it, or delayed it when it was at the eleventh hour. She does this for me with no thought of anything in return, but because she loves me. I miss her every day, but we do chat every day, which helps. This year I am going to be with her for her birthday, and I can't wait to spend some time with her.


My friend, Amanda (pictured here with Oonagh the Great Dane).
Amanda is a fellow Aquarian. I think that I can honestly say that I have never in my life met anyone so generous and loving as Amanda. She came into my life about 9 years ago, through Paganism, and we recognised kindred spirits. Amanda has been the sister I never had, nothing was too much trouble for her to do to help me, even going as far as opening her home to me when I broke my foot. She even has a spare room in her home set up for me for when I'm in Johannesburg. We had both had rocky roads since we met, but have enjoyed each other's support. I love her with all my heart, and can't wait to spend some time with her in July.


My friend, Belinda

Belinda and I met when we were teaching together at Japari. She is another Aquarian, and strangely enough, our friendship truly blossomed when we had both left Japari. We discovered that we were both Reiki and we connected at a very deep level. Another synchronous fact was that we were both married to a Kevin. When my marriage fell apart, Belinda was very supportive and our regular get togethers felt like therapy sessions. Then Belinda's Kevin did the same thing to her that my Kevin had done to me, and we became even closer friends as we went through the heart break and hardship of our divorces. Belinda and I message each other every day in one way or another, and keep in touch all the time. She has been unfailingly supportive of me for many many years, and I love her dearly. She is the one I chose to send a voice message to this morning.




What did I get out of this particular challenge? That life is too short not to tell people what they mean to you, and even for people like me who find it hard, we need to grit our teeth and just say it!



Don't wait until it's too late!










No comments:

Post a Comment