Monday, April 18, 2016

Day 18 - Walk 10 000 Steps

If your immediate response to this is "Why?" (as was mine) here are the reasons:
Day 18

This was a fail for me, unfortunately. Circumstances prevented me from achieving this goal, but I did manage over 11 000 steps on Friday, so I'm claiming those for today!



Sunday is a work day for me here in Egypt. It takes a bit of getting used to, but I think I'm into it now. My biggest beef is that no one is around on Facebook on a Sunday morning, so I feel a bit left out! At my school, we work on a four day cycle, which is interesting, but again, I'm used to that now. When I prepared my challenge calendar and I noticed that the 10000 step challenge fell on a Sunday I knew it was going to be tough, but I also knew that I can do 6000 steps on a normal school day, so it was possible if I walked around the school fields during lunch. Which is what I planned to do. But...


We were given our new "punishment for being a good teacher" (Duty Roster) and I have now been put on Computer Lab duty on Day 2 during lunch.


And guess what? If you said, "Sunday was a Day 2" you'd win the prize. So instead of being able to walk around the back field for 35 minutes, I was stuck in computer lab 403 with 2 little boys who are in Grade 4 playing games, and 2 big boys who are in Grade 10 playing games.



Well as it turned out, I still had a relatively good walking day - even though I had to go tutoring in the evening which meant that I didn't have a lot of time to walk around the area, and I was exhausted from my weekend in the desert. On my way home from tutoring my little Ahmed I decided to take myself out for supper as I was hungry and I knew I wouldn't have the energy to cook myself anything substantial. I walked down to Armando's and had a delicious supper of grilled chicken breasts with roast Mediterranean vegetables and mashed potato, with strawberry juice as a drink. It really hit the spot, and I felt so much better afterwards. I won't mention the eesechay akecay that I had for dessert, because after all this is the 30 Day HEALTHY habits challenge...


So now, watch this space for tomorrow's episode: Write a personal mantra.





No comments:

Post a Comment