Thursday, April 14, 2016

Day 14 - Do 50 pushups

Read how to give yourself a hernia here:
Day 14

Do what?

You want me to what?

50 what?

Listen, it's actually not funny - I don't even like this kind of pushup...


When you're between a DD and an E cup, there is no pushup of any sort that is comfortable. Not the type above, or the type below.


However, that said, I'd rather do 50 pushups than 50 squats, because I can actually feel the difference in my back strength when I'm doing pushups regularly. I enjoyed my 50 pushups (or wallups) so much yesterday that I have decided to incorporate them into my daily routine - right up there with having a cappuccino and reading my book.


Or not.

Now in order for you to get a good visualization of how I managed my pushups,tilt your head to the left and imagine that this is me. But standing up. Pushing away from the cupboard door. I still looked like this.


So I managed 20 before school, and had planned to do another 20 at school, but somehow my day got away from me, what with all these students rushing to hand in tasks that were a month overdue. Because of that, I still had 30 to do when I got home, and I had to go out to tutor Ahmed. I managed to get 10 done before I went to Ahmed. The taxi that brought me home from Ahmed dropped me at Vodafone because I needed to recharge my mobile data, and then I bought a chicken sandwich at the street food place for supper. I ate my sandwich when I got home, then I did another 10 pushups before I tidied the kitchen. The final 10 were done in my nightie before I hopped into bed.
I am very proud of myself for achieving this challenge, even if it was the wall option. I have vowed to do more exercise though, and I want to get back to doing these:

When I was gymming regularly, I could to plenty of these on abs day. Now, I can't do more than 10 at a time. And due to my foot injury I can't do the traditional pushup, so these will have to do.

So... watch this space for more news about my pushup fetish...

Or not!







No comments:

Post a Comment